For the past 3-2 years smoothies have become hugely popular on social media platforms, dominating literally every food bloggers feed on instagram. Reason for its popularity can be that it’s very eye-catchy, makes you want to dig-in and it’s pretty healthy. Smoothies have been in the market for a very long time but with the time it has evolved in terms of taste and presentation. With the availability of n numbers of fruits throughout the year you can be creative and artistic in smoothies and their decorations. Besides the best photogenic food out there, smoothies are quite nutritious and easy to make especially for those who are in a hurry for office in the morning and don’t have time for making breakfast. Smoothies contain calcium, vitamins D &K and are full of fresh fruits and flavor. Adding it in your morning routine, it hits your body like a massive atom bomb of flavors and energy especially in summer.
Smoothies were first invented by Steve Kuhnau in 1973. When he first opened his Smoothie King branch and was experimenting with the recipes in order to introduce new flavors. That’s how smoothie evolved with additional ingredients like vegetables, yogurt etc. Soon it became a healthy replacement for milkshakes. Currently the majority of the population are into health and fitness, due to which smoothies came into limelight because of its nutritional benefits.
For smoothies preparation you just need a bunch of frozen fruits of your choice, yogurt, honey or sugar and some dry fruits or chopped fruits for decoration.
Some smoothie recipes which you can try in scorching summer, all the recipes have been made while keeping the nutritional value in mind. All of the smoothies are for weight loss purposes.
1 Mango, 5-6 Orange slices, 4-5 Pineapple slices, 3 Tablespoon of Yogurt, Dry Coconut(Gari), 2 Tablespoon of Honey,
- Cut all the fruits into small pieces and put them in the freezer for about 8hrs.
- After they get frozen, put them into a blender; add yogurt, dry coconut and honey.
- Blend it till it becomes smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl; add finely chopped almonds, oats or whatever suits your taste.
- Now it’s ready to serve.
Spinach, 1 Mango, 2-3 Orange slices, 2 Kiwi, 2 Tablespoon of Yogurt, 2 Tablespoon of Honey
- Froze all the fruits and vegetables
- Put them in blender, add yogurt and honey
- Mix it well till becomes smooth
- Add some dry fruits like walnut, almond or you can add finely chopped pieces for mango or kiwi on top of smoothie.
2 Banana, 3-4 Orange slices, 2 Dates, 1 Full spoon of peanut butter, Cocoa powder, 2 Tablespoon of yogurt, Brown Sugar
- Put all the frozen fruits in a blender.
- Add yogurt, dates, peanut butter, brown sugar, cocoa powder in it.
- As I said above add fruits or almonds, cashews etc on top smoothies to make it look instagram worthy.
Finely chopped mangoes, Apple, Yogurt, Roasted Oats, Vanilla extract, Cinnamon, Brown sugar
- Add all the ingredients into the blender.
- Blend it till it becomes smoothie.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon with brown sugar and oats.
- You can also add some roasted oats with pistachio on top of smoothie.
2 Cups of milk, Mangoes, Banana, Kiwi, 2 Dates, Lemon Juice
- Pour all the ingredients in the blender.
- Blend it till it becomes smooth.
- Add dry coconut and cashews on top of it.
2 Bananas, Handful of blueberries, 2 Cups of Milk, Cashews, Cocoa Powder, Brown Sugar
- Put frozen banana and blueberries into the blender.
- Add cashews, cocoa powder, and brown sugar in it.
- Blend it
- Decorate it with banana and blueberry on top of it.
3 Banana, 1 Cup of Milk, ½ Cinnamon, A pinch of cardamom and Caramel.
- Pour all the ingredients into the blender.
- Blend it till it becomes smooth
For Caramel preparation-
- Take 1 cup of sugar add ½ cup of water while you add this add some lemon juice, it prevents crystallization.
- Heat the sugar on high flames while stirring it slowly.
- Keep a close look on the sugar till turns into brown color
- Remove the sugar from heat and add 1 cup of heavy cream while stirring it heavily
- One you add it it’ll bubble up like crazy which is normal.
- Add 2-3 cubes of butter in it; stir it till it’s fully mixed.
- There you go, caramel is ready to use
Put some caramel on the smoothie before serving.